Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter





We had a wonderful Easter weekend! The kids woke up this morning to their baskets full of goodies and we explained to them why we give gifts on Easter and the real meaning of Easter - Jesus arose from the grave! We talked about how he gave us the best gift of all - everlasting life! After a very powerful church service, it was time for our afternoon festivities to begin. We ate a delicious lunch at Gongi's house and then headed to Mimi and Papa's house for our Easter egg hunt! The kids had a blast finding all their eggs pretty fast, and counted all their dollar bills from Mimi and Papa. ;) It was then time to cool off in the pool. I can't get over how hot it was today. It was beautiful but hot and it's only April! When we got home, Gamma brought over this Resurrection egg set she's had for more than 20 years, and went over each one of the eggs's special meaning. I have never heard it before, but it touched my heart. I definitely want to keep that tradition going with the kids each year.

Of course, I am a little down that our spring break has come to an end just because the majority of the time off we were all sick. :( We really didn't get a chance to get out and go anywhere, and poor Troy is still really sick. Please continue to uplift him in your prayers..he's fighting a horrible case of strep. I just keep thinking we only have 6 more weeks before summer vacation begins! I know it will fly by and be here before we know it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Tracie, Dawson didn't make a set of resurrection eggs with Mrs. Merri??? Logan made a set (to bring home and keep) this year at school, and he can tell the entire story with his eggs! It is priceless!!!!

    SO glad you all had a good Easter, and glad you guys are feeling better (though I will say a prayer for Troy!). We're counting down the days too!!!! 5 1/2 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete