I am still in awe of my little girl and how tough she is. Everyday she proves it to us whether it's by falling down and simply brushing herself off or getting her ears pierced for her birthday and not even shedding a tear. However, last week she proved it EVERYONE including her doctor and nurse just how tough she really is. Of course all us moms know the dreaded 4 year old wellness visits that bring along the school vaccinations with it. We had prepared for this by talking to Mady about what was going to happen and giving her a heads up about it. I had prayed about it and asked the Lord to help give her a peace and frankly give Mommy a peace about it - LOL! I was just anticipating the holding down of my little girls arms and legs and trying to whisper in her ears sweet nothings while she screamed holy terror. I am pleased to say that none of that was needed. Sure we had to help hold her still but Madalynn didn't even flinch with all 3 shots! No, seriously, I am not even joking - the child watched nurse Lynn give her all three shots and didn't whimper, didn't cry, didn't flinch, didn't act like it hurt one bit. I still can't believe it. I have see grown adults whimper and pass out over shots - including myself - LOL! I think it was a first for nurse Lynn herself because she acted completely shocked - which I am sure this is a rare occurrence for her too. :)
So as a treat to our little tough princess we went to the toy store and bought a Barbie purse that she's had her eye on for a while. :P
Way to go Madybelle! Mommy couldn't be more proud of you! Love you to Heaven and back!
Been Too Long...
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment